15 Benefits of Breathwork for Physical, Emotional and Mental Wellness
Breathwork, meditation, and yoga are powerful practices that can connect us body, mind, and spirit. Though they may seem like simply a nice way to relax or wind down, the physical, emotional, and mental health benefits are extensive. Growing evidence is showing these practices carry a lot more weight than just helping us to cool off after a tough workday.
Breakthroughs in science are revealing that our bodies store trauma, stress, and emotion in a way that can lead to a number of physical and mental illnesses and diseases if they are not released. It turns out these “mindfulness practices” are powerful tools that can help us release stored emotional and physical stress from the body. A process that has profound effects on our bodies as a whole.
Breathwork specifically cultivates a conscious awareness of the pain our body may be experiencing and can help us to release the emotions at its root. Here are some of the powerful benefits of breathwork.
- Release toxins from the body
- Increased energy
- Immune support
- Reduced inflammation
- Reduced stress and tension
- Regulate the nervous system
- Relief from chronic conditions triggered by stress
- Release emotional blocks
- Process grief and anger
- Access and heal unconscious memories and stored trauma
- Cultivate positivity and peace
- Clarity of mind and new perspectives
- Release anxiety, depression, fear
- Access deeper states of consciousness
- Experience peace, connection, and gratitude